Monday, August 13, 2007

Windows Vista Aero Vs Linux Ubuntu Beryl

Windows Vista Aero interface competing with Ubuntu Linux and Beryl.

Here is Linux with Beryl, CSS, Ventrilo and Xfire.


Vista Aero against Ubuntu Beryl


Linux pwnz Vista! and we are not even considering security here.

Update: 13 August 2007

Beryl and Compiz have merged. The very first development release of Compiz Fusion happened on August 13, 2007 and is tagged 0.5.2, matching Compiz 0.5.2 release. Release announcement.

Compiz Fusion: A Quick Demonstration


Other Article



Sphere It

4 comments:

macewan said...

I remember thinking how sad Vista looked when they showed off the scrolling sideways windows thingy. And the Beagle'sh search function? Please - anyone remember using Best?

Thanks for posting I needed a good laugh.

Anonymous said...

I love the soundtrack for the Vista vs Beryl demo. Can anyone tell me who does it and the name of the track?

I've used both Vista & Linux and I'd switch but I've got way too many Corel graphics files going back 10 years to make a permanent switch. Otherwise, I'd be there.

Anonymous said...

But how much of this stuff constitutes a real increase in usability and/or functionality and how much of it is merely tedious crud that people will get bored with once the novelty wears off?

Mahir said...

Holy ****, beryl and linux look so sweet, i was doubting building a comp and getting ubuntu linux but now it would be stupid not to.